1) Toro Y Moi // What For? – What for? is mess of all the good stuff. Synths, sweet hooks and the lush melodies layered atop vocals with no shortage of the chill wave sound Chaz has become known for.
2) Ava Luna // Infinite House – Indie goodness straight out of Brooklyn. From what we’ve heard so far on their bandcamp, we’re excited ! Don’t sleep on Ava Luna
3) Kendrick Lamar // To Pimp A Butterfly – Whether you are a rap fan or critic, there is something to be taken away from Kendrick Lamar’s latest release. Content wise he is still killing it, and his production is no joke either with Flying Lotus, Thundercat, Knxwledge and Pharrell.
4) Mono/Poly // Golden Skies – The Los Angeles electronic producer returns with yet another dense bass music masterpiece. High quality, textural, psychedelic beats for the active listener. Flying Lotus fans take note.
5) Sturgill Simpson // Metamodern Sounds in Country Music – Kentucky song writer Simpson hits the sweet spot between Waylon Jennings style country sentiments and psychedelic spirituality. A unique voice and definitely an artist to keep an eye on.